In brief, I am now retired from the Department of Correction after a wonderful 20 plus year career. I worked for the State of Connecticut, Department of Correction for 20 plus years. During that time I worked as a Correctional Officer, a Treatment Officer, and a Counselor. Additionally, I was a member the DOC’s Hostage Negotiation Unit as a Hostage Negotiator and an Instructor for 15 years. In 2008, I assisted the DOC as an instructor run a negotiator basic training for the Windsor, South Windsor, and Manchester Police Departments. I have also worked in Private Security and have a solid educational background. I have trained many different organizations in Connecticut including the New Haven Board of Education, many private schools, a large number of businesses, and I have even performed executive protection on a local Hoarders show.
Hi! My name is Lou Bonito and I welcome you to the LJB SECURITY TRAINING web site! I want to take this opportunity to thank you for visiting.
The fact that you are here indicates to me that you are interested in becoming a security officer/guard and attending our state mandated 8 hour CT Guard Card certification course. Upon successful completion of our CT security guard classes you will receive a certificate evidencing their satisfactory completion. The certificate is the only one authorized for documenting successful completion of the course and MAY NOT BE MODIFIED IN ANY WAY. I look forward to seeing you and providing you with a fun, rewarding and successful training experience!
My Professional Accomplishments
- 20 plus year retired veteran of the Connecticut Department of Correction
- Correctional Counselor
- Correctional Hostage Negotiator
- Correctional Hostage Negotiation Instructor
- Private Security Officer
- Adjunct Instructor at the University of New Haven
- BS Marketing, University of New Haven, 1987
- MS Sociology, Southern Connecticut State University, 1997
- Masters in Business Administration, Southern Connecticut State University, 2007
- CPR/First Aid Instructor for the American Heart Association