Qualifying for a CT Guard Card is easy with an LJB training class! It only takes one day and $100 – snacks and drinks included. To register for a class, just follow these steps:
1. Go to our class calendar to view all available classes.
2. Pick your desired class date. By default, the calendar only shows the nearest 10 dates, but there are more classes scheduled! To view further dates, click on the “Upcoming Classes” button – then pick the class you wish to attend-click the registration button-then the “PayNow” button and this will complete the process and will let you sign up for a class months in advance.
3. LJB offers different classes, make sure you select the right one! If you have no prior experience, the class you want is “Mandatory Security Officer Certification Class for CT Guard Card”. This class starts at 8:00 in the morning and ends at 4:00 PM.
Make sure you don’t pick the “Security Officer Certification Class for COs” – this is a class meant only for Corrections Officers, and moves much more quickly.
4. After you’ve chosen a class date, you can either register directly from the calendar or click on “Read More” to see a more detailed description of what the class entails.
5. You can pay for the class via business check/money order if mailed 14 days prior to class, or online by clicking the PayPal button under your chosen date. Note that you don’t need a paypal account to pay online – you can do it as a guest as a one-time transaction. The class fee is not refundable.
That’s it! All you need to do is show up and pass the class, and you will receive a certificate of completion that will allow you to get a security guard license from the state!